The Book Blogger Memory Challenge
1. Name a book written by an author called Michael.
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
2. Name a book with a dragon on the cover.
The King of the Crags by Stephen Deas
3. Name a book about a character called George
Er… Feed by Mira Grant has a Georgia who sometimes goes by George, plus lots of other characters named after George Romero. Also, I’m writing a story about a guy called George. Does that count?
4. Name a book written by an author with the surname Smith
Babe by Dick King Smith
5. Name a book set in Australia
I can’t think of one, but I’m sure Two Weeks with the Queen by Morris Gleitzman has a character who’s from Australia.
6. Name a book with the name of a month in the title
Loving April by Melvin Burgess (incidentally, I remembered the names of the previous two books, but had the authors the wrong way round until I just googled them to check. Interesting what your brain remembers about things – I must have read both of these about fifteen years ago.)
7. Name a book with a knife on the cover
The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
8. Name a book with the word ‘one’ in the title
One Day by David Nicholls, which I haven’t read, but is the only book I can think of right now
9. Name a book with an eponymous title
Emma by Jane Austen, again, never read
10. Name a book turned into a movie
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk