So, 2012 draws to the close that some were worried it would never reach. But the world didn’t end, and that means we have a whole new year to play with in a few days.
Looking back at my resolutions from last year, I did actually complete most of them. This year, I’m basing all my resolutions on writing goals. The Unofficial Writer’s Group that Carole and I have been trying to get going has had a good, if unfocused start, so this year we are going to push ourselves to complete up to five realistic goals a week that push us further towards completing our bigger goals within a given time frame.
My goals for the year are these:
1. Finish Hart and Soul Book 5 (by the end of January)
2. Editing ‘Hart and Soul Volume 1’ and Novel Project that I completed during Nano (between February and April)
3. Write new novel project (throughout year, but real focus from May onwards)
4. Submit novels: Hart and Soul Self Published, Novel to agents (May)
5. Monthly Reading Plan: 1 Review (NetGalley or otherwise), 1 book I’ve borrowed, 1 from my own collection, 1 Self Published book
As motivation, I have three books that I am allowed to buy for completed goals: Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore, The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan and Reckoning by Lili St Crow.
Hopefully by the end of the year, I’ll own all three. And maybe be a few steps closer to my publishing dream.
Happy 2013 everyone!