Well, I started off racing through my Summer Break Reading Challenge list, but things have slowed up a bit. I’m still reading loads but, stupidly, I keep adding to my To Be Read pile. My Reading Challenge list mostly consists of books I’ve bought, or been given, that I’ve not yet got round to reading because I’m too busy reading review stuff or books that other people have let me borrow (or forcibly told me I have to borrow!) or even books I’ve bought myself because I couldn’t actually resist. Because I have a book buying problem…
Here is my progress through the list as of today:
1. Nights of Villjamur, Mark Charan Newton √ Read and Reviewed (yes I know that’s a square root sign… it sort of looks like a tick)
2. A Fistful of Charms, Kim Harrison Not started yet…
3. The Map of All Things, Kevin J Anderson √ Read and Reviewed
4. What I Was, Meg Rosoff √ Read and Reviewed
5. The Book Thief, Markus Zusak Not started yet…
6. Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, Susanna Clarke Not started yet…
7. Glass Houses, Rachel Caine Currently sitting just shy of top of the pile, underneath Gumbles in Summer by S.A. Wakefield (a very strange Australian kids book)
8. The Death Trilogy, Terry Pratchett About halfway through the first book – hard work because it’s so big, I can’t take it anywhere!
9. Horns, Joe Hill √ Read and Reviewed
10. The Adamantine Palace, Stephen Deas Have yet to even acquire this… oops.
11. Wolfsangel, M.D. Lachlan Or this… my bad.
So, August is going to be a busy reading month for me! Especially as I just took City of Bones out of the library and have ordered Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler… Must concentrate on this list now!