So, it’s been a hectic week for me. I knew it was going to be hectic, and thought I had posts all written and ready to publish with a button click throughout the week… But it turns out I only wrote the titles of the posts and not the content. I fail.
But apparently I don’t (in some circles, anyway) because I came home from a tiring day at work to find I’d won an award. Yay
Here are the guidelines:
Link back to the person who gave it to you.
Give 7 facts about yourself.
Award 15 great bloggers you’ve recently discovered (if you wish or have the time ).
Contact them and tell them about the award.
So, here are seven facts about me!
1. My greatest ambition in life is to get a book published and have it enjoyed by at least half the people who read it.
2. I can run, according to the treadmill, which I think is overly generous, 2km. This, for me, is a massive achievement in 3 months. I’m aiming to get up to 5km for a charity race later in the year.
3. Nobody will play monopoly with me because it makes me go a little crazy. I’m a bit of a hoarder by nature and have to own ALL the properties.
4. I play the piano, pretend to play drums and sing. The Gilmores all play an instrument – youngest just picked up bass guitar in order to complete our family band. Our party trick is randomly swapping instruments. (hence pretending to play drums)
I love playing on photoshop and always make pictures for my stories. This weekend, Taylor and I are going to do a photoshoot (I say photoshoot… I’m a shoddy photographer) and hopefully make some pictures for a series of stories I’m planning to post on the blog. Taylor is a good model because she is so pretty
6. The place where I work is supposedly haunted by a kid who got a fancy dress costume caught in an old fashioned heater and burned to death in the 50s. Last night I had a really freaky dream about it and I was a bit scared to go to my room in the dark this morning. I’m on the haunted corridor – eep!
7. I won a load of books the other day and I’m really exciting about getting them! Hope they arrive tomorrow, it would make my weekend.
I won’t be passing the award on, as I don’t really discover that many new blogs, and most of the ones I follow have already had this award. Too many stylish people out there, clearly.
And now for a contest…
Taschima Cullen at Bloody Bookaholic is hosting an incredible giveaway of loads of the amazing books 2011 had to offer. You should definitely click on the picture and go check it out.
And I think that’s everything I needed to do on the blog today. Will work on some of those blank-but-titled posts I have saved up so next week posts won’t be quite so sparse!
Happy weekend everyone